This 8-year-old boy loves transforming into drag queen Lactatia—and he won't let other people stop him from doing what makes him feel accepted. (via ELLE Magazine (US)
cc: Life Of Lactatia
We believe help should be accessible to everyone.
Looking towards our future...
Important reminder from a friend! Feel free to share -
As part of trans awareness week, a reminder on names and history:
- never ask a trans person about their former name.
- if you know a trans person's former name, do not use it unless it is *critical* to the conversation. Do everything you can to never make it critical to the conversation.
- if you are telling a story about someone from before their transition, continue to use the pronouns they use today. "Bob and I met when he was in grad school."
- if you met the trans person in a gendered space before transition, avoid referencing that to others. "I met Bob while we were both in undergrad," instead of "We went to Hollins together."
- if you are close and have a long history with the person, ask them how they want you to handle references to the past. For myself, I have told family and close friends that if my gender is critical to the story they are telling, it's okay, but to try to rework the story so it isn't critical.
Remember, *I* am always allowed to out myself (or not). You are not allowed to out me, even if you are sure "everyone knows."
Thanks! ... See more
Trinity Presbyterian Church of Berwyn's Mental Health and Addiction Ministry (MHAM) will be hosting a luncheon/panel titled LGBTQ+ 101 on October 15th, from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm. We’ll educate our church and community about what some of the vocabulary means and what it looks like for individuals to be a part of the LGBTQ community. The panel will consist of members of the Gender and Sexuality Alliance from Conestoga High School and an Eastern University Alumni. The moderator for this panel will be Yolanda Turner, Ph.d., Eastern University.
Please join us for a brief presentation over lunch followed by a panel discussion.
Trinity Presbyterian Church is located on Berwyn Avenue, 1 block south of Route 30 (Lancaster Pike) in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. Parking is free. The GPS address for the main church parking lot is 51 Waterloo Ave, Berwyn PA, 19312. The church is one block from the Berwyn train station (Septa's Paoli-Thorndale line). ... See more
Where: Trinity Presbyterian Church, 640 Berwyn Ave. Berwyn, PA 19312
When: October 15, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Panel: Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Conestoga High School; Eastern University Alumni
Moderator: Yolanda Turner, Ph.d., Eastern University
Sponsored by: Mental Health and Addictions Ministry
RSVP/Information: TrinityMHAM@gmail.com, please include headcount
Free Will Offering:
Valley Youth House
www.valleyyouthhouse.org/get-involved/donate/ ... See more
© 2017 LGBTQmunity Center.
Website created and maintained by True Vision Consulting, LLC
Made with by Graphene Themes.